Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3...

Today is my birthday day!

I have had a lovely day doing what I like to do (and not having to go to work).

I met up with Little Sister and cycled part of the Skipton rail trail. The sun was shining and we got the wheels rolling. I think we did about 18km today and it was a really good ride. The terrain was either a bit easier than the Port Fairy rail trail or I am a bit fitter than I was in January. Probably a combinatin of the two. I got a gel bicycle seat in the morning and put it to good use today. My bottom and my legs are barely feeling it now.

I came home to a lovely bunch of flowers and made some of my favourite foods for dinner, including cake, and Hayley came home for dinner and a catch up. It is a new and unusual thing for us to get accustomed to, having a daughter as a visitor, but she seems to be doing well.

So it has been a good day. Lots of messages, texts and calls remind me of the treasures I have in my life, accrued over the last 50 years.

I am going to enjoy this last year of being in my 40's!

PS: we loved 'Kath & Kimderella' last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment