Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 17...

I had my yearly appraisal today and came away feeling pretty good about myself. It is nice when you think you are doing a good job and someone else affirms that for you. I have objectives for the next 12 months and they will concentrate my efforts into preceptoring students. Having students in the unit can be quite draining but we need to prepare the next generation to become part of the workforce.

Hayley came over for dinner tonight and we had a good chat about how to handle her situation at work. I'm not sure what the outcome will be but at least she has a clear idea on how to tackle it. It is hard not to use what I know about students to help her but I have to remember she is not my student and they will work it out.

As your children grow your worries for them change, you don't worry any less and the protective part of you is always strong, at the fore.

No comments:

Post a Comment