Saturday, October 1, 2011

October...

October is birthday month for me. I'm going to post a post every day this month. Some days you'll get gems, other days... whatever I can come up with!

I'm joining a movement called Octsober....a dry month. It wont be difficult as I don't drink that much, less than I used to now that I am trying to lose weight. It will be an interesting test, just how testing it will be I'll tell you on November 1st.

Tonight we went out for a family dinner to celebrate my birthday, the meal was delicious and Callum graced us with his company briefly, long enough to polish off some lamb shanks.

This restaurant has had a few changes of name and chefs over the past 10 years and while the food was nice the choices were very limited.


For ages Chris always ordered a steak whenever we went out for dinner, a decision he always regretted.
It was never tender, never cooked how he liked it and he was always complained. Only recently he has ventured away from ordering steak and on to ordering lamb shanks. He is having mixed success, tonights was not as tender as he expected, he still likes the way I cook them best



We took loads of photos, Erin was being very uncooperative and Callum will not smile but I did manage to get a shot of the 3 of them together. I haven't had one for a while.

It was a very nice start for October.                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment