Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8...

My technology...

I'm not the most savvy with all the technology but I'm doing my best. I don't have an iphone or an ipad but sit most nights with the lap top atop my lap. I try to update my own blog frequently and like to read posts of bloggers I follow.

Now I'm probably preaching to the converted but I have found a way to make this easier and I'll let you in on my method.

Firstly I subscribe to feeds. It looks like this

when a blog is updated it shows up in bold type and I can click on it and read the latest.

I also have an iGoogle page. I have added a few apps which include a birthday counter, weather updates and my Google reader.



It depends on the blog which way I read each of them. Sometimes you have to subscribe to the RSS feed, so it shows up in 'feeds'.



Or you can add it to your google reader. When that blog updates it shows up in the google reader and I can quickly read the updates I want.



This way I save time clicking on to all the blogs I want to read, wondering if there will be something new. My sister has such a blog that might be updated about every 6 months. I get a nice surprise when a post turns up in the reader. I used to have a long list in my favourites tab but I have been able to trim that right down.

It might take you a while to master the adding & reading part but it has been such a time saver for me. I say 'do yourself a favour' and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment