Friday, January 16, 2009

The week ends...

I started Project 365 really well.

I just had to take a photo a day of ordinary day to day life, capturing a year on film to look back on & remember.
And I did start out really well, with my mothers sage words ringing in my ears..."start out as you mean to continue" She always said that in reference to child rearing - as in ,don't weaken in your resolve, don't deviate from what is right, don't give in to your child... but I digress.
Taking a photo a day was easy when I wasn't at work every day, when I had time. What??? I hear you ask, haven't you got time to take ONE photo when you are working?
Well...no I haven't.
But I have taken some photos & are now loading them in one hit, one bite of the cherry.

My first day back at work... first time back in my sensible nursey shoes








And this is why I haven't had time to catch up at the end of the day.
Many evenings spent at Nessa's watching Erin cool off, shedding the guilt felt of having to work full time while she is still on holidays.
I get to have a wine or a coffee & catch up with Vanessa at the same time so not at all hard!



A catch up with the local news & the junk mail on Wed







Checking out Chris' new haircut, perusing for that stray hair that evades the clippers & stands out later.








A glass of wine at the end of the day & the end of the week.

I hadn't fully realised that covering the Unit Manager's leave meant working full time when Erin was still on holidays.
At least we were able to have a nice holiday at the beach during this long break so it hasn't been all boring. There's nothing worse than when they return to school & haven't any highlights to document & compare from the holidays.
Usually by the time they go back to school the 'absolutely fabulous' Christmas presents they received are all but a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment