Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thankful...

Yesterday I was thankful, amongst loads of things that could tip me over the edge, I've tried to find some positives.


I was thankful for:


1. a reliable car - that I could run the airconditioner continually & be cool while the outside temp was 41.5 at 1030am.

2. a nonstop power source - whilst I was at my sister's scrapping in the cool.

3. a lovely friend - who took 3 girls to the local pool for a swim in the afternoon.

4. a short queue - at the golden arches so I didn't have to wait very long.

5. takeaway food - saves me from cooking when I really can't be bothered

6. airconditioning - has kept me semi-sane. I had an interesting conversation with an airconditioning installer/plumber whilst waiting 1 & 1/4 hours for a pizza!
So I am also grateful for...

7. pleasant working conditions - nowhere near the 77 degrees he had to endure in a roof fitting aircon for impatient customers, or the sweat box that was the overwhelmed pizzeria.

8. no more power outages for us - we had a 2 hour outage & others have had days of no power!

9 Lovely friends - who have a pool, who are close by, & put up with us night after night swimming til after dark.

10. survival - we've lived through this record breaking heatwave! the dog & the guinea pig are still with us & the garden is battered but not gone. I'm not interested in breaking any more records thanks, it has taken all my will not to succumb to being a grumpy, irrational whinger.



I'm also thankful that I was able to complete a couple of layouts & some cards.



These layouts both look crooked but that's just my dodgy photography.




I also attended my third funeral so far this year. I don't always attend funerals of patients but you get closer to some & their families. I admire the courage & dignity they have as they face their battle with cancer, their true character shines through, it is an honour to know them & treat them, even if it is for only a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment