Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pros & cons...

Pros - when your kids are older they go to bed after you do...

Cons - when your kids are older they go to bed after you do...

I'm ready for bed now, it is 10:15pm & the tv is on in 2 rooms, Erin is asking me to make her a hot chocolate, lights are on, Cal is looking in the fridge for something to eat ( his constant preoccupation at 17 -lean & lanky & constantly hungry) & Hayley has just got in from working at Taco Bill.

There's nothing wrong with going off to bed now with all this activity in the house but I like to be the one to turn off the last light knowing the day is done. They will brush their teeth & put themselves to bed, they don't need tucking in...thats the rub. I know they still need me but the little details change, I have to see it as a good thing that they are independant people but I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment