Friday, December 12, 2008

Rain rain rain...

Its been so lovely to listen to the rain falling steadily all day, you can hear the ground going oooh aaah as it soaks it up. The only down side is probably no riding on the bike if it doesn't clear.

Classic example of teenage boy non-communication,

Me "what happened at the dentist today?"
Cal "nothing"
Me "Nothing? really? didn't they clean your teeth?"
Cal "Yeah"
Me "Did they say you needed anything else done, have you got any cavities?"
Cal "nuh"

In exasperation I rang the dentist & the lovely receptionist read from the notes & told me he had his teeth cleaned, flouride applied & no he doesn't need any further work done. Even at 17 I feel the need to be by his side for every little thing but you have to let go a little.
He did go into the city on the train with a GIRL & a few friends & when I asked him what he did he managed to tell me he followed the girl around bored while she did clothes shopping!!! Good on you Mads for getting him to do that.

No Christmas shopping or cooking today but helped my big sis finish 6 mini albums she is putting together for her daughter's dancing troupe, I wish I could share them with you as they look great, it was fun adding all the bling.



This LO is for my little sis - her husband is a big kid at heart & very involved with his (& lots of others) kids, he is lots of fun to have around.

Hope to get lots of cooking done this weekend, better go & check the pantry & make a list, see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We have had 40mm of rain til 9am Sat! Great wetness. Olivia's friends were very excited with thier mini albums. We got lots of lovely comments and congratulations. I took some photos so we'll have some memories.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete