Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The devil is in the detail...


I found a new recipe book! I love recipe books & couldn't resist a 'Donna' to add to my collection.















It has beautiful photographs of lovely things - who could resist?





My sisters & I take turns to host christmas lunch, this year we are heading north to an almost finished reno at little sis's.

Sometimes we sweat, sometimes we shiver & once in a while we have perfect weather, but we always have a perfect day.
Maybe because it is fairly small (6 adults + 7 kids at the table) it turns out well. Lots of forward planning helps & we basically do the same foods each year with each person allocated part of the menu.

This year I'm going to try a new plum pudding recipe in individual ramekins, a berry trifle & the pork loin I'm going to roast the night before to save some time. There's also a prawn & avocado salad I want to do even though we agreed we didn't need an entree but I think we can squeeze it in!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, I'm so glad you visited and I found your blog too..lots of lovely Christmassy things here..Your lunch menu sounds so delicious..I wish I was coming too!! Have a great day, back soon Ginax

    ReplyDelete