Sunday, December 7, 2008

Albert...


The kitchen smells lovely & Christmassy after baking these spice cookies today. I'll try to do some baking during the week but it looks like next weekend will be full on for my trusty Kenwood & Westinghouse.

I pinched my finger trying to crack an unwielding pistachio & now have a blood blister hampering my efforts.

Is this the fattest guinea pig you've ever seen???


Albert lives free range in our backyard & is about 7 years old. He co habits in the yard with our very patient miniature fox terrier, she is very tolerant & only growls at him when he eats her kiblets, he drinks water from her bowl & we had to get the dog a hammock bed to stop the pig snuggling up to her in her kennel!
Albert will come up to the back door & squeak like crazy if he hears me chopping vegies on the cutting board & eats any plant that is at his level. I've had to put herbs/geraniums etc up in hanging baskets to save them from his jabber jaws. (He is watching me through the sliding door as I sit here with the laptop -bold thing).

How long do guinea pigs (or 'dinner pigs' as my nephews call them) live??

1 comment:

  1. Yum Jo! These spice cookies look awesome. I had better not bake them because I'm sure I'd eat the lot.....while they're still warm! lol!

    ReplyDelete