Monday, December 22, 2008

Ouch...

Erin was nagging me to make more toffee since our butterscotch bites never worked...those little suckers just never set, I even tried re-cooking them but the gooey mess went into the bin.

So as reward for staying at home with her brother while I work we tried 'take two'.

As I type this I am holding an ice pack on to my throbbing, burnt thumb. Another Christmas cooking injury (number 1 - the pistachio pinching episode) the kitchen is becoming a dangerous place to be!
The magic icepack is helping, its one of those that traveled home from school on an injury that was magically soothed by its application. I hope I don't end up with a big blister on the end of my thumb to hamper all the jobs I still have to do!

This batch of toffee has set already & is going down a treat.

1 comment:

  1. Love the family portrait! Thank you for reading my blog and for the kind words! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete