Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dear Hayley...

Dear Hayley,

Today is the first day of Summer and the day we usually put up the Christmas tree. Erin wanted a real one this year but I didn't get one so we put up our usual tree. She is enthusiastic at the start but peters out before its done.



I finished it off and put out some of the house decorations. It was a warm day and maybe our summer will start now. I don't feel Christmassy yet and it usually takes me a while to get into the mood. The house lights may not go up this year, I have to get Dad motivated as well. I haven't got a clue what gifts to get you or anyone for that matter. I started the facebook album to share our Christmas with you. I'm not doing it to make you homesick or to miss us at Christmas but to see we are doing the same things we always do. When I start my cooking I will get into the mood. I will have to work Christmas Eve and then start holidays, luckily Christmas Day is at Big Sisters'. Nana is coming over and staying with your Aunties I think on the 18th.

Do you see that shadow in the first tree picture? Some of the other inside pics I took are like that too. It looks like the flash isn't aligned or something. I want to play with the exposures are bit more now and want to get a pic of the tree at night with the lights going.

Erin has her first guitar concert tonight and she doesn't want me to watch her. I'll either sneak in the back or get Callum to video it on his phone.

I hope your Christmas will be nice, and you get to spend it with family-like people. It will be quite different having it in wintery conditions. All those cards with snow flakes on them will be perfect. I hope you get to have a tree and rumballs and turkey and gingerbread and reindeers dashing through the snow.


love, Mum xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment