Thursday, December 12, 2013

Internet is back!!!...

The last 4 days have been interminably long. Between the four of us we had gobbled up 500 gig of data and without internet we didn't quite know what to do with ourselves.

But now it's back and I can try to catch up the last 4 days.

The Grammar clocked up 25 years and to celebrate the anniversary they handed out these badges to all the students. Erin is wearing hers with pride. Not a lot of years in the scheme of things but the school has grown from humble beginnings with a handful of far sighted parents to the magnificent school it is today.

Monday it poured with rain most of the day but then cleared to a beautiful evening so the Monday night ladies could play out their grand final. Not in it this season I was able to cheer on and watch.

Still no word from the bolting student. The more I think about it the more I can see that our experience with her is just a small part of the bigger picture. And now not communicating with the University is cementing her future.

Running buddy told me about a Pilates class at her son's gym held on a Wednesday night. I went up to see if I liked it and was delighted to see my previous instructor is now holding her classes in this bigger space. I really missed Pilates this year and thought I had lost my place forever with Karen. She is highly sought after as a myotherapist and has a long waiting list. Not really what you want when you have an injury that needs attention but a measure of her skill. I will be attending classes and my saggy core will be strong in no time.

Erin is finished school and Chris is finished school runs on the buses. I hope he gets some charters over the long summer break. This year his chocolate ratio is 6 to my 1. Luckily for Erin neither of us eat chocolate. He was well rewarded by the children and got some lovely cards to go with his haul. Some parents are well organised and generous. Me, I'm neither. I can still barely get into the Christmas spirit.

I'm dying for a chat with Hayley tonight and then hope to get a bit more organised over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment