Monday, November 28, 2011

Recipes...

At this time of year I eagerly look forward to the Christmas edition of some magazines I sometimes buy. I added the Womens Weekly to my purchase of Better Homes & Gardens and Family Circle.

But as I browsed through I could not find many recipes that I thought I would try this year. Amongst the sweets and savouries, puddings and stuffings it seems to the same old same old.

I am pretty disappointed.

Could it be that there is nothing new out there to try.

I might try Donna Hay in the hope she has some new ideas. Otherwise its back to the old faithfuls, not that they are no good, but if I make the same thing every year it might get tired. Every year I must make rum balls, the glace fruit cake, spice cookies, shortbread and gingerbread stars and even last year there were a few new things to try that could become favourites.

My clippings book is full to bursting already but I can always squeeze in another favourite of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment