Sunday, September 2, 2012

Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Today we celebrated the only Father in our house with his favourite meals and a new rattle gun. We ply him with tools so he will continue to do the jobs we need doing. Its our cunning plan and its working a treat.

My Dad has been gone for 27 years now and sometimes it is hard to remember the day to day things and I have snapshots of memories, of his voice and his hands and his manner. I have to keep story telling to remember the memories. When I hear of fabulous Grandfathers I have a little pang, a case of the what ifs.

More sunshine today and a few more jobs ticked off the list.

no: 37

1 comment:

  1. Hapy Fathers Day! Ours is in June - everythign really is backwards over there, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete