Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Check up...

I ventured into Sth Yarra this afternoon to see my lovely surgeon. Whilst he did not do lovely things to me today I am still very grateful for his expertise and care. He removed some internal stitches and did an unpleasant flushing thing. When I walked out the city air flowing into my nostrils was startling and refreshing. He is pleased with my progress and is confident of a good result (so am I just quietly, it has all gone very well)

Whilst I was waiting I was interested to read the information posters on his waiting room walls. I knew he went volunteered to operate overseas in Vanuatu but I hadn't quite realised the magnitude of it. The posters had photos of the primitive operating room and the grateful locals. Included was a snap of a handwritten poster that seems to capture the spirit of the people involved on both sides. I found it tonight on the internet and will definitely put it in a scrapbooking page.


WHAT IS LIFE?
Life is an Adventure ... Dare it

Life is a Beauty ... Praise it
Life is a Challenge ... Meet it
Life is a Duty ... Perform it
Life is a Love ... Enjoy it
Life is a Tragedy ... Face it
Life is a Struggle ... Fight it
Life is a Promise ... Fulfill it
Life is a Game ... Play it
Life is a Gift ... Accept it
Life is a Journey ... Complete it
Life is a Mystery ... Unfold it
Life is a Goal ... Achieve it
Life is an Opportunity ... Take it
Life is a Puzzle ... Solve it
Life is a Song ... Sing it
Life is a Sorrow ... Overcome it
Life is a Spirit ... Realize it
Not sure where it originally came from but I love these sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment