Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Easter break...

My Easter break began as of 5pm tonight, 10 days of doing nothing much. I'm looking forward to a lovely sleep-in tomorrow, Chris will leave at 6am for work & I will have the bed all to myself for a couple of hours more.

For years we had a water bed, it was one of our very first purchases as a newly married couple. We thought it was the most comfortable bed ever. It was one of those waveless types with thick foam sides, it was the luxury model. And it was always warm with its little heater running all the time.

A big drawback to the waterbed comes when you need to move it. Emptying out a tonne of water from the bladder was no mean feat & with the foam baffles inside you could never get all the water out, so it was pretty heavy. When you got to the new location it took a while to refill & warm the whole thing up.


But we thought it was our bit of heaven & when we stayed somewhere else we loved coming back to our most comfy bed ever! So after about 23 years of good service, one replacement bladder & still on the original heater we agreed our sore backs could do with a bit more support. A trip the the bed shop saw us return to traditional sleeping arrangements of mattress & base.

Since then we have to admit that our new bed is soooo much more comfortable! Even now when I lay down at night I still expect that familiar dip in the watery foam but am pleasantly surprised at the firm pillow top support. Sometimes I will lay down on it during the day & think I could just go off to sleep but someone will always find me & disturb those thoughts.

These musings are making me sleepy I think I'll head off to my latest love & start dreaming....of comfy beds & straight backs.
Nighty night

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so much fun, I had a ball reading it and its great too that we could be neighbours. Cheers, all the best, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, don't usually find fellow bloggers in the same suburb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great story..so glad you're getting a better night's sleep "D
    I ache (literally) for a new bed..one day I hope!

    ReplyDelete