Sunday, April 19, 2009

The facebook mystery...

Checking in on my blog today I have received a comment from an old friend.




Hi Cassie (madly waving....)




'Catch up with me' she says...on facebook.




I thought I was pretty savvy having mastered the blogging thing but do you think I can get facebook working for me? I have tried several times & I have set up a profile but it just doesn't fit me very well. I much prefer to post on my blog what's going on in our life, let you read & share it & you can comment if you want - or not as the case may be.




I just did a search for Cassie & 9 Cassies came up! Which one are you Cass??? Hopefully I've sent a message to the right one & we can begin catching up. We've got a lot to catch up on.




Cassie was one of the first people I met when I moved in to Fawkner Mansions to begin my nursing training back in 1983. Janie, Marlene, Cassie & I were close friends - studying, working, living together & partying our way through our first years. After that we moved out of the 'Mansion' & moved in with boyfriends/husbands but we remained really close, a great support for each other.


We have loads of stories from those years that can bring on tears of laughter, stories that only we understand & find funny (remember the dusty tissues???) Now we all live far apart & we've lost track of Janie all together - where are you honey? We have children & careers in quite different areas of nursing but the distance & time fall away when we finally see each other.




Maybe Facebook will be the thing that brings us back to regular contact...if I can get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment