Monday, March 16, 2009

Agony...

I've been doing my crafty thing.

I would like to say I whipped these layouts up in no time...but that would be a lie.

Sometimes my crafty thing is agony. It should be a pleasurable pastime but sometimes when the creative juices aren't flowing I need to walk away for a little while. I usually end up happy with the end result but it feels wrong to want to fast forward the process.

These are not particularly complex but I can make things quite complicated, dragging out the choices of paper, photo placement, which embellishments to use, whether or not to use some stamps....blah blah blah.

So here they are, I'm going with the less is more theory.


Hayley thought this layout of Erin was a bit too plain, she suggested some stamping along the edge. It may get some before I put it away.


I was happier with this one


And this one took all of Sunday to complete!! Why oh why you ask....I have no idea

I won't even go into the 4th layout, it may never see the light of day in its current form, I dislike it even more now that I am home from Louises & am going to pull it apart.

Maybe if a certain sister would scrap with me instead of sewing (!) the results would improve!

1 comment:

  1. Less is definitely more Jo. These layouts are all great, but the first one is my favourite (You know how I love to keep it simple). It is so elegant. Love the banner on the last layout too -no wonder it took you so long to do! My sister won't scrapbook either; she's all obsessed with beads and jewelry making at the moment.....while she's very good at it, I wish she'd start scrapping!

    ReplyDelete