Saturday, March 21, 2009

Growing up...

Something strange is going on in our house.

Our children are growing up & becoming independant, & it feels quite strange.

Erin went to a friends house to play this afternoon & then rang to ask if she could stay for dinner.
Hayley has gone down to the pub with a girlfriend & Cal is going out to a friends house.

Each child goes out the door with a similiar but unique set of parental instructions...have fun, use your manners, be safe, be careful, don't drink too much, don't do drugs, be careful, don't get into any trouble, ring me if you need a lift home, be careful.

So I'm sitting here wondering how I got to this point. It's a good (inevitable) thing that they are growing up & I'll keep telling myself that until I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment