Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gardens...

All this thinking about Mum & her gardening skills has been sparked by the local Montessori pre school having a bulb fundraiser. I'm going to try with a bowl full of grape hyacinths.

Mum's garden was always full of flowers &, amongst loads of other things, I miss being able to come home from her place with an armload of flowers. Whether it be roses, rannunculas, gardenia, iris' & others I have forgotten the names of, I could always get some colour.
She liked an exotic plant, a tuber rose or lillium & that plant out the front of my place...clivia or hippiastrum?

So I dug out these layouts, from Hayley's album. They showcase Mum's garden, full of flowers & a wonder for a little girl.



My scrapping style has evolved somewhat from these early layouts.



And I wish I could still pop in for a vase full of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment