Monday, November 17, 2008

Spark of life...

Spirit - the driving force that lies at the core of our being. It is the inner light that gives passion, meaning & purpose to our lives.

A new program is being implemented in the Nursing Home of our local hospital where I work, I don't work in aged care but I feel that parts of this program have benefits for us all.

The underlying message from the 'Spark of Life' program is about igniting or reigniting the human spirit by encouraging everyones potential with deep insight into emotional needs & skills to achieve excellence.
I liked that line "igniting the human spirit", it seems to be an inspired way to treat the elderly. If nursing homes can adopt this philosophy then maybe these places need not be 'god's waiting rooms'.

I feel that this is a powerful message & wonder how I could incorporate this into my life (and my scrapbook pages), my work & my family.

Nursing is about caring for people but you don't have to work in a hospital to do so. Its nice to have a reminder now & then that everyone benefits from feeling valued, included & loved.



On a sightly less reflective & serious note, I love these pics of Chris with each of our newborns, who came into our lives in 1988, 1991 & 1997. Each baby has added something different to our lives & now that they are longer babes they continue to challenge (and enrich) us as parents.

Boy I did waffle on didn't I?! Thanks for looking, Jo

2 comments:

  1. Love that kind of waffle Jo :) Very inspiring stuff. So glad I stopped by. Thanks for your words and thoughts. You are spot on about igniting the human spirit by encouraging everyone's potential. This is a great philosophy to bring to our everyday activities. It gives every interaction with others new meaning. Thanks for sharing. Love Anita. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I stopped by! Love the layout and dose of inspiration for the day. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete