Friday, November 7, 2008

Dust...

I spent a lovely day in Lara scrapping & listening to the rain fall on Louise's corrugated iron roof, I finished a couple of Chrissie cards & a LO ( haven't been able to photograph them yet as it is too overcast). I even drove home in constant rain until I hit the outskirts of Bacchus Marsh, then it dried up completely.
I came home to the ravages of a dust storm that had hit big time.

I rounded up the outdoor setting chairs & cushions that were migrating down the road, salvaged a snapped pear tree, collected other peoples rubbish that had landed & cleaned up an inch of dust that had crept in under the doors & windows YUK! Everything is gritty... Grrrr. And we hadn't even had any rain (I'm beginning to take this personally!)
Nessa rang & invited me to a Postie party so I popped out with her for a nice catch up & giggle with the girls. Sometimes when things happen impromptu it's nicer than a planned event. Anyway it finally rained while we were out (I just checked the gauge) - 6mls!!! That should wash away some of the dust.
( I think I'll have to get a side career at the weather bureau to justify this tragic relationship I'm having with my rain gauge).

No comments:

Post a Comment