Monday, October 14, 2013

Post race...

I am still basking in the afterglow of my accomplishment. Several congratulatory messages elevate my mood even further. The best one was from Hayley who told me how proud she was of me.

I talked to a colleague today who instead of telling me I was mad or that they hated running said she wanted to run and had tried a run/walk style but wanted to run all the way. Lots of people are very negative about your efforts and offer you lots of excuses as to their current lack of fitness. I tell them I didn't decide last week that I was going to run that distance, that a lot of training has gone into it. I've had to make time and also listen to some grizzles from family about my time away from them whether its running or playing tennis. Reading about training/fuelling/shoes/stretching/breathing takes up just as much time. And to think 3 years ago I was the one with the excuses.

I am going to get back to my colleague and offer to be her running buddy. For me it would mean going back to the beginning but an easy run during the week wont hurt me and could be the impetus she needs.

I had 2 parcel cards in the letterbox this afternoon. I was shocked to see one of them was for Hayley's birthday present. She never received it and then she moved on. That package has been to Spain and back. I will send it on to her, my faith in the postal service restored.

Second time lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment