Friday, October 18, 2013

Downtime...

I needed a little down time today. After working full time last week then the marathon taking up the weekend then back to work I felt like I needed a bit of time to step back and take a break. I haven't run this week but played tennis Monday & Thursday nights and cardio tennis this morning. I haven't pulled out the vacuum for a few weeks and today got to clean the shower as well. I also needed to go into the bank and the post office and the library. Erin & I made caramel slice after school and I am off to a friend's Postie party tonight.

So much for having a break.

But all these things I accomplished today were at my own pace, no rushing and it was sunny and warm, unlike the freezing day yesterday.The weekend beckons with warm weather as well and I hope to pay a bit of attention to the weeds in the garden.

I heard on the radio today about a woman who has written a book about her gratitude project. She photographed something from each day for a full year that she was grateful for and reflected upon. She started doing it to help her with her depression as a nun had told her the secret to happiness is reflection and gratitude. I would like to do that but I know I start off with good intentions and peeter out. I might try it but don't want any complaints if I don't, like Hayley reminding me I was going to post every day. Same as I told her sometimes I don't have much to say or I'm too tired at the end of the day to say it.

Today has been a refresher for my batteries, back to full speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment