Monday, July 25, 2011

Time team...

As I have been digging in mulch or digging holes to put plants in out in the new garden I keep wondering if I will uncover anything interesting. Not that I want to find anything too interesting like bones (only the dog's leftovers) but something that would tell a little of the local history would be fun.

I did find a few little pieces of what looks like blue patterned crockery and the top of an old fashioned glass bottle but that could be just the remnants from the builders who built our house 20 years ago.

Before we built in this area it was paddocks and farmland. Bacchus Marsh was a midway point between Melbourne and the Ballarat goldfields in the 1850's so could have been a camping site for those early prospectors.

I'd like Tony Robinson to come over with his geophysicists and map out some hidden treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment