Monday, February 28, 2011

February happenings...

The end of February marks the end of summer and is also Chris' birthday. He was born in a leap year just a couple of hours short of the 29th so is now 51 not 12 &3/4s. He was also born at home in the 'back kitchen' as his Mother tells us, all planned as was done in those ancient times in ye olde England.

So Happy Birthday Babe, another year older!

Our end of summer was pretty disappointing really, its been rainy and cold today. Usually at this time of year I am gasping for the end of scorching hot weather. But not this year, its been pretty mild overall and our wettest summer yet.

This month has been pretty quiet, not much to report...

Erin started school and recommenced guitar lessons - with her own guitar



Hayley is looking to move out with a couple of friends, takes me back to my days of renting in suboptimal places, sharing bathrooms and brown swirly carpet.

I started running. And I'm proud to say I am still running, the program takes you gradually to a full run and I have been able to keep up the increases.

Work has been really busy. We have students for the next 7 weeks and I always end up hoarse at the end of the day and can't be bothered to talk much at home. The family might appreciate that for a while.

Australia has been lashed by cyclones, more floods, bushfires and plagues (of locusts) We luckily have been untouched by all these tragedies and watch on in horror as Mother Nature wreaks more havoc and tragedy on our Kiwi neighbours.

While I was whipping up Chris' favourite meal (lasagna) and a cake and grocery shoppping today I put the finishing touches to 3 new layouts I started on the weekend. We also had to retell the story of the birthday cake that was ruined by a mean big brother which ended up with Chris having a potato with a candle stuck in it for his 5th birthday. Erin made me laugh today when she was the one who brought up that memory.



I tried to sort out my supplies today but seem to have made an even bigger mess which I now need to put somewhere so we can go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment