Sunday, February 20, 2011

2 out of 3...

2 out of 3 ain't bad, so they say and I proved it  today.

I borrowed 3 DVD's from the local hire shop and really enjoyed 2 of them.
I can recommened 'Tomorrow when the war began' and 'Everybody's fine', but don't bother with 'You again', it was very predictable. The Rotten Tomatoes movie review site gave it an 18% rating and I think that was generous.
The 'Everybody's fine' movie was very touching and had me mopping up tears at the end. The tomato review only gave it a 43% rating but I think it was better than that. 'Tomorrow,' gets a resoundingly good 82% but as with all reviews it is rather subjective isn't it?

My reading fared much the same. I borrowed 3 books just at random from the local library, 2 were good, the other I didn't finish as it just wasn't doing it for me. The best book of the bunch was Stuart Diver's story of survival from the Thredbo disaster, very interesting. Along the same theme, I want to see 127 hours, Hayley saw it and told me the gruesome part is ...very gruesome, so I'll probably wait til it is out on DVD too.

Don't want to be screaming/fainting/swooning in public now do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment