Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photograph...

I gave the waterproof mascara a good workout today. Going to Gwen's funeral was too close to home, with Karen losing her mother & Lucy losing her Grandmother. I think Hayley felt is just as keenly as I did, identifying with Lucy's pain.

During the lovely service they played this George Harrison song while we watched a slide show of Gwen's life & legacy.

Ev'ry time I see your face,
It reminds me of the places we used to go.
But all I've got is a photograph,
And I realise you're not coming back anymore.

I can't get used to living here,
While my heart is broke, my tears I cried for you.
I want you here to have and hold,
As the years go by and we grow old and grey
.

Well that was the end of us, Hayley & I were sobbing, doing the ugly crying. We were wringing out our hankies by the end, with a mascara trail behind us.

I remember that feeling of 'My mother just died, why is the world still turning as normal? why hasn't it been announced on the news?'

In time the acute pain will ease, grief will take its course, but for now it just plain hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Tough stuff, I hope that time begins to heal all of your pain!

    ReplyDelete