Friday, November 30, 2012

Train(ing)...

I had to go into the city for a training forum today so I decided to go on the train. As usual it was torturous with delays, cancellations and unreliable signals. We spent some frustrating time in a dark tunnel going nowhere. I don't know how people do that trip on a daily basis.  I was late, which I hate, and missed my morning coffee, which added to my grumpy state.
The only good thing about the extended time spent on the train was that I read a book lent to me by my niece. The Giver by Lois Lowry is aimed at an adolescent audience but was a really good read and I can see it being used as a text prompting much discussion.

Next time I'm going to drive myself and even if the traffic is frustrating I won't have to put up with smelly people squashing me, I'll have a seat and I can vent with the radio turned up loud. I might not get any reading done but I hope to be home quicker and less grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment