Friday, November 23, 2012

Tennis with High Tea...

today was the High Tea Tennis Tournament. This inaugural event was run to raise funds for Djerriwarrh Health Services.



The day was very well run and the weather was perfect. My partner and I only won 1 of our 4 matches but had a lot of fun in the process. Playing on grass is a lot different to the synthetic surface we play on on a Monday or Thursday night, the bounce is not as high and the uneven surface can catch you running the wrong way. Of the 96 women who played about 90 had a hit and a giggle and just enjoyed the day, the other 6 were determined to smash and drive to win. My best win for the day was a bottle of Chardonnay from the raffle. At least I didn't add to my sunburn which is subsiding nicely.

these girls played the whole day in their costume, that was to distract us from the fact they had never played tennis before.


I wanted to post some photos from the day but apparently have exceeded my 1G limit for this blog. I am going to try to work something out so I can continue journalling this way. Any hints on how to do this without spending money which is what they are wanting at Googleland. I'll just ask Google first if there is a way around this little problem...


edited to add: I now have pictures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment