Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not Masterchef...

Some recent ups and downs in the kitchen have proven that my knockbacks from Masterchef were prudent.



I whipped up a beef and choy sum stir fry tonight, perfect if you need a quick tasty dinner. It is an all round family pleaser but I also made a chicken & sweet potato cous cous dish. The morocan seasoning on the roasted vegetables and chicken was really nice but the cous cous was a disaster.

Oh well, I'll keep trying.

It has been absolutely freezing here and wet. We've had to get out our scarves and coats already. It has put a dampner on my running too. Erin was very pleased though that the school cross country event was cancelled this afternoon. In this non tropical weather I had a hankering for a ...banana. So I splurged and bought 3 which cost $7.50, very extravagant. I really missed them since the cyclone devastated the crops in Qld and decided to treat myself.


Bananas and snow...seems fitting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment