Sunday, May 8, 2011

My mother's day...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

I have had a very good Mother's Day!

It started out very early, no sleep in or breakfast in bed for me. Hayley and I were off early on the 7:02 train into the city to join 1000's of others in the Mother's Day Classic.

The forecast was for a cool, showery day. Thankfully the rain held off til the afternoon.

I was all smiles before the race

 and very red in the face by the end. I didn't run all the way, but my catch a breath walking was still pretty quick. There were all sorts in the race... small children, older than me people, much fitter and quicker than me people, toddlers in jogging strollers and mercifully for my ego some who who older and slower than me.

 I was pretty happy to be at the end but was thinking how will I ever find Hayley amongst the throng at the finish line. She had been waiting to take these pictures and then raced up to me and caught my attention by yelling out 'Mum'.
She said to me with a tear in her eye that she was really proud of me, and I was really appreciative of her company and support. I was pretty proud of me too.

We collected my showbag, had a coffee and caught the train home to have a hot shower.

This afternoon I thought I would check the results page and I was surprised to see they had been very efficient in putting it up already

I came 3959th out of 5347!

It gets better...I came 2858 for gender and 675th in my age division (you have to have some credit for aging) with a PB of 29:56:2 minutes. I was pretty happy with that number and maybe could improve on it without having to dodge and weave around the course. Some finished in 11-15 minutes and perhaps I could go a bit quicker without hills and obstacles. We'll see next time (if there is a next time)






Later, after lunch, Callum came in on his motorbike and pulled out of his bag this bunch of flowers, they had survived both remarkably well, Thanks Cal


It has been a great day and I will be scrapping a layout to remember it all by soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Good for you. I could never do that. Congrats, and Happy Mum's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. You can't beat that sense of achievement - it will put a smile on your face for a long time to come!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete