Monday, May 30, 2011

Embarrassing...

Did some laps at the pool this morning, managed to avoid the man who doesn't like to share.

Had some nice sushi before I went to the blood bank.

Gave a unit of blood.

Fainted in the refreshment area.

Feeling very foolish right now, but it was a good way to get attention. People were fanning me, checking my BP and showing concern. It took me a while to feel right again, but once I did feel OK they made me wait longer and didn't want me to drive home. The staff intimated that perhaps I shouldn't rush back. My bad veins and swan diving just creates a lot of paperwork.

I must have bumped my head on the way south as I have a tender lump on my forehead to show for my altruistic efforts.

But don't let that put you off donating, just don't get up too quick.

2 comments: