Saturday, April 30, 2011

The wedding...

I watched the wedding of course and couldn't help but wonder what sort of wedding would Kate have had if she had married another commoner.

Her dress was nice but I can't say it was my favourite dress ever.

When I got married 26 years ago the fashion was not sleek lines like today but very much influenced by Lady Diana's dress just 4 years earlier.

I still have my dress but  I don't fit into any more. My mother had hand made it using a Vogue pattern, it was satin  with a cobweb lace overlay. We had some arguements over the train, I wanted it shorter as it turned out to be, my mother had wanted to make it longer as the pattern dictated. You can't really see from this pic but it had a pink ribbon around the waist and pink bows incorporated into the dress. That all went with my pink theme.

Back then as now the choice in all things wedding was enormous with price tags to match. Not that Kate probably had to worry about that too much. All the pageantry and ceremony attached to her wedding will make it memorable but even without all that all weddings are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment