Sunday, April 10, 2011

The pen...

Since my running has toned me a little I have been wearing different pants to work. These trousers fit nicer but do not have any pockets. Makes it a bit hard for a nurse but more difficult for my colleagues who hear me say many times during the day...

"have you seen my pen?"

"have you got my pen?"

"can I borrow your pen?"

"is that my pen in your pocket???"

We have had a lovely, keen and hard working student doing a clinical placement with us for the last 7 weeks and on her last day she presented me with a thank you gift.....you guessed it - a pen! She even had it engraved with my name which was very touching and thoughtful and just a bit embarrassing.

Now if it just had a chain on it I might be able to keep track of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment