Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The track...

Every time I run down the track I think to myself that I should put up some photos of my journey

And tonight when I got to the track I also wondered how much longer our good weather will hold and how quickly it will get dark in the afternoons. There is no lighting down here so it won't be an option late in the day.

 I like this track because it is really flat and a good surface, when I can run longer distances I might add in some hills
 I start here
 walking to begin with
then run along the track
 I'm up to week 5 on the C25k program which is blocks of 5 minutes of running.


 this seat marks a mid way point and I am very tempted to sit on it...but I don't
 I'm taking my time with the program, I've been at it for 7 weeks now, this suits me


 this is nearing the end of the river section
 this path leads me past the lettuce farm and the raspberry orchard to the Avenue of Honour
 you have to keep an eye out for obstacles like this, it annoys me no end when people don't pick up after their dog
 I look out onto a river view on one side
 and on to rows and rows of lettuce on the other
 or sometimes I look at my feet, one to avoid obstacles mentioned above and two, to keep putting one foot in front of the other

Running is about putting one foot in front of the other

or is it more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment