Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5th already...

We are just 3 weeks away from our Christmas celebrations. I think putting up the Christmas tree and lights has helped me get in to the holiday spirit. I have even started on the baking and have the cake in the oven tonight. I have made inroads into the gift list and acquiring but I have the feeling that I might be leaving it a bit late for online purchasing.

Erin is nearly finished school for the year, not sure if the exams had knocked her around but she hasn't been very well and has missed the start of the 'Headstart' program for Year 10. It is a busy time with breakups, Christmas functions and holiday planning to do. And to top off the expenses at this time of year they throw at you a $400 booklist and other things I don't want to think about.

I managed to get through to confirm our camping site at Port Fairy. When their communications tower got knocked out by a recent fire they had no land lines, mobile coverage, EFT or banking etc. Very inconvenient for both them and me...probably more inconvenient for them though. But they had it working in time for me to pay my fees so we are all set.

We are madly trying to reschedule patients and treatments to give both them and us a break. It's a grim prospect knowing your chemo falls on a day that is meant to be spent with family and friends. Some reshuffling will work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment