Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tennis bracelets...

Now that I am getting back into tennis I wondered whether I should ask for a 'tennis bracelet'. I love me some jewellery and any excuse is valid.

I googled tennis bracelets and this little story is repeated enough for me to believe it...

It's not often that a piece of jewelry is named for an accident, but such is the case with tennis bracelets. Tennis bracelets got their unusual name from an incident involving professional tennis player Chris Evert during a match in 1987. Evert had been wearing an expensive bracelet featuring an inline string of individually-set diamonds. When the clasp snapped, she asked the officials to stop the match until the jewelry could be found. Since that day, bracelets featuring an inline array of diamonds have been called tennis bracelets.
Tennis bracelets are popular accessories for formal occasions due to their luster and sparkle. Individual diamonds (or reasonable facsimiles) are placed in square settings and then strung into a bracelet held together by a clasp. The settings and support wiring may be constructed from silver or other quality jewelry metal. The individual settings allow tennis bracelets to move comfortably while worn.

here are some  examples I'd be happy with


I'd even wear it at tennis.

If you look for golf bangle you dont get a clear answer. Any ideas? Anyone?

A golf bangle seems to be a solid band

in silver or gold. This rose gold bangle is $475 from thejewelshop and wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

As long as I dont have to take up golf

No comments:

Post a Comment