Thursday, March 17, 2011

My blog...


I'm going to blow my own trumpet here. Well it is my blog so I can can't I?

I like my blog.

There I said it, it might seem vain but I don't really care. I first set up this blog because I liked reading other blogs and thought I could do a pretty good job at it myself. I wanted to keep a journal and the ability to add current photos was very appealing.

I really struggled in the beginning trying to get my head around foreign technical aspects of  design  but with trial and error I am happy with the layout. Reading other bloggers tips and hints on how to pretty it up helped enormously. Even now if I visit a blog with dark backgrounds and over the top elements I don't go back.

I am still trying to get a nice blog header, loads of blogs have them with multiple photos, one day I will devote some time to get it sorted. You know, the day you have spare to catch up on little things that need time!

The other thing is I am torn between having it as my journal and yet knowing that other people may read it. I know Big Sister pops in (and I wish she would leave a comment now and then) and have told and shown Little Sister but she doesn't visit. Other than that, my few regulars are other bloggers whom I never knew before blogging, some have become real friends. I don't run around telling everyone about my blog, it seems too personal some how, sometimes it feels like letting them read my diary. That seems a bit ironic really that I can share with strangers but not those I see daily.

I saw yesterday a site that will print your blog and turn it into a book. I might just pursue this because as I mentioned before...I really like my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment