Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trials of life...

everybody's got em.
Some are huge & daunting & overwhelming at times, others are irritating. Sometimes our perspective can make our perceived troubles bigger than they actually are. Today I was feeling sorry for myself  but I just needed a bit of perspective.

I came across this quote in the novel I am re reading, The Harp in the South by Ruth Park (first read in 1980 for school)

God had his own ways of giving us experience, Rowena. Don't regret all the pain you have suffered. You will learn in the long run that it gave you wisdom of strength. Lift up your heart, as Father says in the Mass, and be glad that God thought you worthy to go through this trial for his sake and your own.

I am not overly religious but took from this quote that we learn and grow from all of our experiences whether they are good or bad.

I was having a bad day today and needed a little time to wallow but I'm over it now, my trials are minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment