Friday, January 14, 2011

Eency weency...

I am reminded of eency weency spider who was washed out by all the rain but then 'up came the sunshine and dried up all the rain'

We have had about 120 mls of rain in the past 5 days and everything is sodden. The Lerderderg and Werribee rivers are so swollen with nowhere for more water to go. I wanted to get a photo today of the river peaking but the car park was flooded and I couldn't get near. I was fed up with the humidity and the dampness and getting grumpier and grumpier.

But at 1230 it was like a tap had been turned off, the skies became blue with white fluffy clouds, the temperature rose along with the humidity and the rain, the streets and we all dried up. When I was sweeping water out of the garage I was sweating profusely.

The forecast is for fine weather for the next couple of days, it might begin to feel like Summer.

Erin in a new sundress in what just an hour before was a large puddle

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of rain. We have had rain all week and been overcast and now my house smells muggy and damp - very unusual for my part of the world. But the sun is out today so hopefully it will dry things out a bit.

    ReplyDelete