Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Re reading...

During my holidays I finished 2 books. Firstly I re read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I wanted to read it again before I see the first part of the final movie. My nephews tell me that this last film is true to the book, so I'm all up to date now and by the time I get around to it I'll probably be too late I've missed it! I'll have to catch it when it is released on DVD.

I also read 'Mao's last dancer'. Technically I haven't read the book before but I saw the movie so I knew the story. Second nephew could not recommend the book as he had to study it at school but I really enjoyed all the detail and enjoyed the narrative style. I thought his tradition of calling the relatives 'third aunt' or 'sixth brother' quaint, I might just adopt this way myself.

I was surprised when I opened the book, which I had borrowed from Hayley who had borrowed it from Lucy, was the authors message and signature. It made it a little more intimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment