Saturday, June 18, 2016

Friday check in...

except I'm posting this on Saturday this week...

My first week of leave has been lovely. There is something very comforting in the satisfaction of cleaning and sorting things that have been put off for so long. Not very exciting but good.

My cough has improved after Tuesday's disastrous run which was abandoned after just 4.5km. I haven't been that short of breath for ages. I tried to make RB feel bad that she had made me run up our big hill but I don't think it worked. I have had a rest from running to feel better and now look forward to getting back into it. A chilly run at Parkrun felt really good this morning and of course the running chatter has given more tips and ideas.

I've been doing a lot of reading about marathons, checking on our course and other details. A fellow runner put me onto this guy, James Dunne  who helped him with his marathon prep.




Might be a bit late in the training to start now.

I've also read a lot about training the brain and what I have to tell myself repeatedly. Apparently fatigue is just an emotion and you can talk yourself out of it. And I have to speak to myself like I would a friend. "You've got this, you've done the work, you can keep going"

And I was able to get the ultrasound done but the plan of seeing the GP for the results before we go away hasn't worked, no appointments available til after the race, hopefully no issues will spoil my race.

My survey completing has paid off with a free entry to Run Melbourne this year. I hadn't planned on running in it this year as it is only 3 weeks after the marathon and I've done the 10k twice before, but who can say no to free pass? It is a nice race to participate in, another big event and well run so off I'll go to do another half marathon. Maybe that will be the new distance. When the girls saw that I had taken up the offer they also signed up to do it. It will be nice to do another one together.

This caught my eye today

very apt, the donut that gives you wings




No comments:

Post a Comment