Friday, August 27, 2010

My big day...

I've been planning this day for weeks and today it finally came together.

I ran a study day.

Doesn't sound like much but it involved multiple guest speakers, organising the venue, catering and presenting two of the sessions myself. The little details were beginng to bog me down but we got through and it seems to have been a resounding success.The food was plentiful and delicious (thanks to Jenny and her first foray into catering), the speakers were well received and the IT system did not play up once.
I'm glad it is over and I can stop rehearsing it over in my head and stop worrying about the number of cups, chairs and napkins. I did have a nervy moment at 9am when none of the guest speakers had turned up but luckily the first speaker arrived 5 minutes later and it all flowed from there.

Someone asked me if I was planning to do it again but thats like asking if you are going to have another baby when you have the newborn in your arms. I will have to relax and think it over...maybe next year

No comments:

Post a Comment