Saturday, May 18, 2013

Under the weather...

On Wednesday night I was struck down with Erin's cold. First it was Callums who shared it with his sister who shared it with me. I was surprised at how quickly I went from feeling well, contemplating a run, to being consumed with a streaming nose, headache, watering eyes and a cough. The run was cancelled because it was raining and I wonder how I might have felt if I had actually braved the awful conditions.

Thursday I tried to go to work. Well I did go to work to present at a competency day, but as soon as it was over I headed home to lay on the couch. Under a blanket. I had to knock back a game of tennis. I cancelled the cardio session the following morning and also had to cancel a day with Big Sister.

I hate being sick.

But the thought of spreading my germs any further has kept me indoors. With the heater on. And a scarf around my neck while laying under a blanket. Rotten viruses that can make you feel rotten are the pits. It could be worse. It could be a 1000 times worse. So I look forward to recovery and normal activities in a couple of days.

To keep myself occupied between nose blowings and alcohol hand washes I made a couple of cards.














I should spend this quarantine time making 2 Bon Voyage type cards for Hayley and Sheryl but I wanted to try out the new onesie die that came in the mail. It works well with both foam and felt and I was happy with the results.

Now I just need someone to have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment