Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today...

This is what I looked like yesterday at 6:45 am.








And this is what I look like today after my excision of BCC & full thickness skin graft.



I'll be staying hidden for a few days.


And because I won't be showing my face in public without a burka I slipped in to the back of junior school assembly this morning to see Erin get her school colours. A big deal for her & a proud moment for me. I normally would be at work on a Wednesday morning so in the scheme of things a stitched on dressing, not being allowed to wet my face or wash my hair allowed me to see her achievement.

And its Remembrance Day, a day to pause & reflect on how lucky we are today because of events of the past.

Today I remember & am thankful. Lest we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment