Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Getting close now...

just under 2 weeks until my next marathon, its actually a 43km marathon so the longest run ever for me. And this 3rd marathon will be my first on a trail course. It won't be nearly as tough as Mt Macedon but longer with sections run on the beach, so a real mixture.

Our last long run was along the bay. Together, before we go in different directions but still with full support for each other.

with the Sea Shepherd 'Steve Irwin' in the background



bad ass, hard core defenders of the oceans. docked at Williamstown until the next campaign
We ran from Altona, touched the Westgate Bridge, up to Yarraville Park and back. The morning was really cold but it was a beautiful morning for a 4 hour run! Plenty of time to solve the problems of the world.

While I was running I was thinking about how far I had come and the things I had learned along the way. I have had several people say to me recently 'I don't know how you do it' and 'I couldn't run 100m'. I always reply the same. That it has taken me a long time to get to this point, none of it has come naturally or easily but it has been worth every step. I wasn't all rainbows and positivity either. I didn't enjoy the last 10 of the 32.5k and wanted it to be over. But soon enough it was over and we were dissecting the run and patting ourselves on the back.

I feel ready and philosophical about this next challenge.

What will be, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment