Sunday, March 19, 2017

Back to it...

The rest is over.

Back to work. Back to training. 14 weeks until the next full marathon.

Training is gradually building and I'm still not back to previous fitness levels and try not to get too discouraged by slow progress.
running the whole 5k, Karen behind stuck with me and got her PB

Parkrun has been a good start. My first week back I just wanted to see how I went and had walk breaks. The following week my goal was to run the 5k without stopping and I'm happy to say each week has been a little faster. I've had loads of encouragement and have felt really well.

Maribyrnong Parkrun and had to leave Hayley behind to run all the way

My shadow in the white managed to run the whole way too
 I am particularly happy with this last run. I could hear the young girl close behind the whole way and as we turned for the last 300m she came level with me and I said to her I wondered when she was going to pass me and to go strong to the finish. After we crossed the line I had a laugh with her about her shadowing antics with a swoop at the end. She said she was using me as her pacer and thanked me for getting her across the line, she felt she would have given up otherwise and walked a bit. A PB in the bank for her and I was pleased to help her out. Way to go Kayla!


Track nights have been a bit tougher, not quite managing the whole work out but doing the best I can and reaching a little further each time.

I was asked to fill in for Ladies Mon night tennis and won the 2 sets but felt I wasn't playing to full capacity. Weekly sessions at Cardio Tennis will see an improvement there too. Last Friday we had a circuit that involved skipping and I'm happy to say no leakage occurred! A big step forward.

The first of our racing events was run this morning. It turned out to be a 34 degree day as we hit the trails for a 10k through Brimbank Park. I couldn't run the whole way and spent time walking up the steep hills that ring the valley and river.

MCR girls rule!

at the top of a very big hill


the hills were brutal

thanks for helping me out
happy to finish

another medal is always a nice reward
Today's run shows I still have a long way to go but will keep chipping away, supported by my running team mates and my very special Running Buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment