But still 30k was tough but showed me we are a bit closer to our goal.
And then I saw this bucket list of running goals and while it is U.S. based I've adjusted it a little to suit my own goals. And it was nice to cross some off the list already.
- Trail run in a National Park this will be a goal for next year, after my hysterectomy, I want to pursue some trail runs
- Ocean run on the sand Yep did that at Port Fairy and it was glorious and freeing.
- Complete a Marathon Gold Coast and Melbourne are ticked off but I still have Paris or New York or Amsterdam or London as an ultimate goal
- Serve as a race-day volunteer Yep did that at Melbourne Marathon last year and while it was a good experience it made me want to run even more. I volunteer at parkrun too, encouraging others to run.
- Three generations of runners in one race this one will be particularly tricky for some time, maybe just 2 generations in one race will suffice, Hayley has taken up running so I'm pinning my hopes on her
- Sunrise run We were up before the sun for the last Run Melbourne
- Conquer each distance: 5K, 10K, half marathon, marathon done, done, done, done
- Run for charity done - Sussan's womens race, Mother's Day Classics, Run4kids, Run for Mental Health and many more
- Run with someone completing her first race Yep when we roped Mel into her first Run Melbourne, and she beat me!
- Participate in a long distance, overnight relay this one will stay on the list for a while, but going on road trips like when we went to Great Ocean Road was such a fun trip I can imagine it would be just as much fun
- Race festively (race-themed attire or tutu and tiara all count) Next Run 4 the kids I want to wear a tutu and hope to rope in Big Sister to make me one
Central ParkInsert Run a few tourist Parkruns instead. I've done 2 away from my 'home parkrun' at Maryibyrnong and Toowoomba but would like to run some more
- Run the
Golden Gate Bridge
Big Sky country
- Attend a runners’ retreat
- Join a running group Yep joining Melton City Runners has introduced me to some great friends and motivating runners
- Complete a trail race Does Hanging Rock 20km count? I'm MCR will help me with this one
- Volunteer to support a kids’ running group or after-school fitness program, I'm more likely to encourage others to find the joy of running
- Train with a four-legged, furry running companion gonna have to get a dog first...
- Never stop chasing the next dream or challenge.
How many can you cross off?
An update on the old blood pressure. While the medication has made me feel better within myself it seems my renal function has deteriorated enough for my GP to message me to say stop taking it while we figure out the next step.